If you purchased a digital copy of this album you can now download the digital booklet containing the liner notes.
This album themed around the field of electronics.
Cover art by Paul Rolan Perkes
Kirchhoff's First Law
This law is also called Kirchhoff's first law, Kirchhoff's point rule, or Kirchhoff's junction rule (or nodal rule).
The principle of conservation of electric charge implies that:
- At any node (junction) in an electrical circuit, the sum of currents flowing into that node is equal to the sum of currents flowing out of that node, or:
- The algebraic sum of currents in a network of conductors meeting at a point is zero.
Recalling that current is a signed (positive or negative) quantity reflecting direction towards or away from a node; this principle can be stated as:
Where n is the total number of branches with currents flowing towards or away from the node.
This formula is valid for complex currents:
The law is based on the conservation of charge whereby the charge (measured in coulombs) is the product of the current (in amperes) and the time (in seconds).
You can download the track "Capacitance" from Electronique for free. Just click the download button below:
You can listen to Electronique in its entirety on SoundCloud.
If you don't see the player above, you can listen directly on Soundcloud.
You can also listen to Electronique on Spotify.
String Theory is available for purchase and immediate download from the following outlets:
- Apple iTunes
- CD Baby
- Bandcamp NEW! — perkXsoundlabs is now on Bandcamp. This is your lowest cost, most flexible option for purchasing my music!
|5||Kirchhoff's First Law||289||T9144184065||Bbm||128||4/4||04:48|
- ISWC: the International Standard Musical Work Code, is a unique, permanent and internationally recognized reference number for the identification of musical works.
- Opus: I assign each song I write a unique identification number; this is its opus number.
All music composed, performed and produced by Paul Rolan Perkes
© 2014 ASCAP Paul Rolan Perkes
WARNING: all rights reserved. Unauthorized copying, reproduction, hiring,
lending, public performance and broadcasting prohibited